This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Pl, New York, NY 10004, USA
Stop At: Battery Park, State Street and Battery Place, New York City, NY 10004
With visitors rushing past to board the ferry the Liberty Island, the memorials at Battery Park rarely get the attention they deserve. It’s from here that our Statue of Liberty tour begins with a little context. The stories these monuments have to tell are well worth hearing, so we’ll take some time at the Castle Clinton National Monument, Pier A Harbor House, the American Merchant Mariners’ Memorial, the Sphere and the New York Korean War Veterans’ Memorial to begin our day. Then it’s off to Liberty Island with pre-reserved ferry tickets from Battery Park to Liberty Island.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: American Merchant Marines Memorial, Battery Park Manhattan, New York City, NY
American Merchant Mariners’ Memorial
Pass By: Korean War Veterans Memorial, Battery Park, New York City, NY
New York Korean War Veterans’ Memorial
Pass By: Castle Clinton National Monument, 26 Wall St Battery Park, New York City, NY 10005-1996
Castle Clinton National Monument
Pass By: The Sphere, Battery Park, New York City, NY 10004
Stop At: Liberty Island, Liberty Island, New York City, New York
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Statue of Liberty, Liberty Island, New York City, NY 10004
Tickets for inside the Statue Pedestal are becoming increasingly rare, but with your VIP special-access pass you’re guaranteed entry to one of the most impressive viewpoints in New York. With captivating insights from your guided you’ll discover the story of how Lady Liberty came to be (gifted to the US by France and designed by their finest architects including Gustav Eiffel, she wasn’t as warmly received as you would think!), before climbing the 215 steps of her Pedestal and making your way on to the viewing terrace for a moment to remember.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Ellis Island, New York Harbor, New York City, NY 10017
Then it’s back on the ferry and on to Ellis Island, where you’ll follow in the footsteps of 12 million immigrants. Here you’ll learn about the lengthy immigration process they went through, walking the Stairs of Separation to understand the island’s two very different names – ‘The Island of Hope’ and ‘The Island of Tears’. A visit to the incredible Ellis Island Museum is a must-do here - it’s simply one of the most interesting and well-curated museums there is, hosting an impressive collection of interactive displays for people of all ages to immerse themselves in the history of the island. Our tour ends in Ellis Island, but you can stay a little longer if you’d like, or head back on the ferry with your guide.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Ellis Island Immigration Museum, Battery Park, New York City, NY 10017
Ellis Island Immigration Museum
Duration: 50 minutes
Pass By: Take Walks Tours, 110 Wall St 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10005, USA
- Expert Tour Guide
- Pedestal tickets for Statue of Liberty
- Access to Statue of Liberty Museum & Ellis Island Museum
- Pre-reserved ferry tickets from Battery Park
- Entry/Admission - Statue of Liberty
- Entry/Admission - Ellis Island
- Entry/Admission - Ellis Island Immigration Museum
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Please note this tour does not include a visit to the Statue of Liberty's Crown, due to security measures in place by the National Park Services who manage the Statue of Liberty.
- Tour participants must be able to climb and descend 215 stairs from the Statue lobby to the top of the pedestal.
- Please note that guests will need to pass through airport style security to enter the Statue of Liberty. Certain items are not permitted in the Statue of Liberty and such items will be confiscated and will not be returned. Please refer to the Statue of Liberty’s guidelines on specific prohibited items: http://www.nps.gov/stli/planyourvisit/yoursafety.htm
- Please be aware that upon arrival at Liberty Island, if you are carrying a backpack or large bags you are required to put your bag/s into a locker which costs $0.25 only. Clients MUST have a quarter and cannot use a dime and a nickel for example.
- Please note, only water in a clear container/bottle is allowed through security and on Liberty Island. No other beverages and containers/bottles are allowed.
- Please note, the ferry does not operate during heavy rain or other adverse weather conditions; when this occurs, an alternative option is provided.
- Food (even unopened) and drinks (including water) are not allowed inside the Statue of Liberty.
- All weapons are prohibited, including: firearms, explosives or flammables, knives or sharp objects (including tools), pepper spray and mace.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Pier A Harbor House, 22 Battery Pl, New York, NY 10004, USA
3 hours 30 minutes
Ellis Island, United States