This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Ave, New York City, NY 10028-0198
This is an art museum tour for people who don’t usually take art museum tours. If you are visiting with young people, or don’t have much experience with art, or simply want to learn some unique things about famous works, this is an entertaining way to see some of the finest works in America, and have a good laugh while you’re at it.
Your 2.5-hour tour starts when you meet your expert guide and small group of no more than 15 people at the entrance to the Met. The small group size ensures that you can ask all the questions you want and never miss a word of what your guide is saying.
After a brief intro, it’s off to find some of the most bizarre and quirky pieces hidden within the enormous collection. A hippo with a limp? Check. A wardrobe malfunction from ancient Egypt? Yup. There’s even some kinky flemish dinnerware (if age appropriate, of course). You’ll also get the funny and fascinating backstories on more famous works and learn about the wild lives of artists like Monet and Van Gogh. Don’t forget about the butt-themed scavenger hunt; prepare yourself accordingly.
All of our guides are seasoned art lovers who have spent years studying the works in the Met. This twisted tour gives them a chance to show off their knowledge without the stiffness that usually characterizes museum tours. It's a unique experience for people of all ages and experiences and once you’ve taken it, you’ll never look at art in the same way.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Local Expert Guide
- Pre-arranged Met Museum tickets
- Entry/Admission - The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The Met is fully wheelchair accessible. However, if you cannot climb the stairs of the central entrance to reach the meeting point, there is a ground level entrance one block south, near the intersection of 81st street and 5th avenue. Tell the desk you need to use the elevator to meet a group in the main lobby (at the pharaoh statue), which will then secure your entrance ticket. They will provide you with a temporary pass and help direct you upstairs.
- The Temple of Dendur is occasionally rented out for private events with no advance notice provided. While usually this occurs in the evening times, closures may impact this tour. In such cases, other works from the Egyptian collection will be substituted. Even more rarely, the Met may rent out select rooms for private events in which the same rule of substitution applies.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028, USA
Returns to original departure point