Wave Hill, a 28 acre Public Garden and Cultural center overlooking the Hudson River in the Bronx offers unique and unmatched landscapes during the winter season. On select afternoons, enjoy our interpretation of afternoon tea in historic Wave Hill House with a classic selection of whole leaf teas, tea sandwiches and bite-sized desserts. Your seasoned guide will greet you for a history of the house, including famous, long ago residents before embarking on a walking tour of our artistically cultivated gardens and landscape.
Your afternoon will begin at 2:00pm in the Mark Twain Room, the former library of historic Wave Hill house. Afternoon tea is served buffet style, with comfortable seating provided to everyone in your small, but intimate group. Relax as you enjoy tea in the company of friends, old and new.
After tea, a seasoned guide will lead you into the Gardens of Wave Hill for an hour long tour. You will learn about the different sections of the 28 acre property, such as the Conservatory, the Aquatic Garden, the Wild Garden, the Flower Garden and the Pergola Overlook. The splendor of the landscape in the winter is overlooking the Hudson River and New Jersey Palisades is unrivaled and awe-inspiring. You will also learn about the Wave Hill’s history of the property, the people who have called Wave Hill home over the centuries, and Wave Hill's transition into the public garden that it is today.
The tour ends at the Shop at Wave Hill, where all items are discounted 10% for all, and each participant will receive a complimentary gift to commemorate your visit to Wave Hill.
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point (Burger King, 6007 Broadway, Bronx, NY 10471)
- Afternoon tea in Historic Wave Hill House
- Local tour guide
- Small-group tour/ Walking tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Coffee and/or Tea
- If driving, the listed price does not include an $8 parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Van transport from the 1 train is not wheelchair accessible. Please be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Tour may be cancelled due to inclement weather, participants will be notified via email
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Terms & Conditions
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
Wave Hill Shuttle to and from the 1 train (242nd Street stop) picks up in front of Burger King (6007 Broadway, Bronx, NY, 10471)
The Wave Hill shuttle departs the 242nd stop of the 1 train (by Burger King), Pickup from designated meeting point (Burger King, 6007 Broadway, Bronx, NY 10471) at 10 minutes past every hour (12:10pm, 1:10pm, 2:10pm, etc.) Departure to designated meeting point from Wave Hill (Burger King, 6007 Broadway, Bronx, NY 10471) every hour (2:00pm, 3:00pm, 4:00pm, etc.)