Visit: Whitney Museum of American Art, 99 Gansevoort Street, New York City, NY 10014-1404
As the preeminent institution devoted to the art of the United States, the Whitney Museum of American Art presents the full range of 20th century and contemporary American art, with a special focus on works by living artists. The Whitney is dedicated to collecting, preserving, interpreting, and exhibiting American art, and its collection—the finest holding of twentieth-century American art in the world—is it’s key resource. The Museum's signature exhibition, the Biennial, is the country's leading survey of the most recent developments in American art.
Designed by architect Renzo Piano and situated between the High Line and the Hudson River, the Whitney's new building vastly increases the Museum’s exhibition and programming space, providing the most expansive view ever of its unsurpassed collection of modern and contemporary American art. Enjoy iconic works by Edward Hopper, Jackson Pollack, and Georgia O'Keeffe in natural light filled galleries and sweeping views of Manhattan on the Museum’s outdoor observation decks.
The Whitney welcomes you to the Meatpacking District, a 20 square-block neighborhood with a bustling community of artists, galleries, restaurants, and nightlife. The Museum is steps from the High Line, Chelsea Market, and a short walk from Greenwich Village, where the Museum was founded by Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney in 1930.
Duration: 2 hours
- Whitney Museum of American Art Admission
- Free daily tours
- Entry/Admission - Whitney Museum of American Art
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The Whitney's top priority is the health and well-being of our visitors and staff. We are taking enhanced precautions for your safety, including: operating at reduced capacity; enhancing cleaning measures; implementing daily health screenings for staff; and requiring staff to wear face coverings.
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start time of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.