In the Robinson R44 Raven II helicopter you have the option to invite up to 2 passengers to ride along with you (when option selected). Maximum weight 250 lbs per person and 500 lbs per helicopter. Flying lessons are not permitted in NYC airspace. No prior flying experience needed.
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wings Air Helicopters, 67 Tower Rd Ross Aviation West, White Plains, NY 10604-1704
Ground school and helicopter departure
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Hudson River, NY
Stop At: Wings Air Helicopter Charter, New York, 67 Tower Rd, West Harrison, NY 10604, USA
Duration: 5 minutes
- Pilot instructor/guide
- Airport fee $25 per person
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Flight lessons depart from Westchester County Airport in White Plains, a relaxed crowd-free location just outside NYC easily accessed by public transit (Metro-North rail from Grand Central Terminal) or car (free parking).
- Convenient roundtrip transfers are available from anywhere in Manhattan for additional fee (if option selected).
- Federal regulations do not permit flight lessons in New York City airspace therefore they stay over the Westchester area, Hudson Valley or Connecticut. Routes are subject to change based on weather, air traffic control and temporary flight restrictions.
- Flight lessons begin with ground instruction then students do approximately 75% of the flying using dual controls, under flight instructor supervision.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Price based on Robinson R44 helicopter.
- Maximum weight 250 lbs (113 kg) per passenger, also subject to combined weight limits per helicopter (500 lbs or 226 kg in Robinson R44 helicopter). Please contact local partner for more information.
- Flights should be booked for the first days of your New York visit, in case of schedule changes due to bad weather or helicopter maintenance.
- Children younger than 2 years may ride on their parent’s lap at no cost.
- Minimum age 14 years.
- Under 18 requires parental or guardian consent.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones are not allowed on helicopter flights.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Terms & Conditions
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local operator information
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
Schedule & Info
67 Tower Rd, West Harrison, NY 10604, USA
60 to 90 minutes
Returns to original departure point