Welcoming friends and family is one of the great joys of living in New York City. Now the time has come for you to invite your loved ones to safely visit NYC because there are so many reasons for them to come (aside from you, of course). New and exciting things are already happening across the five boroughs—no one should miss out.
Below, you can send an invitation to anyone you wish were in NYC. By encouraging them to book a trip and follow safety guidelines during their stay, you’ll be helping to support the City’s recovery. Each recipient will get a personalized email to inspire them to visit and point them to all of the amazing things to do here, as well as the helpful trip-planning tools that await on NYCgo.com. They'll also be entered into our Wish You Were Here in NYC sweepstakes for a chance to get surprise content. Who knows? When they visit, they may even be able to show you a thing or two.
Terms & Conditions:
#NYCRSVP Surprise Sweepstakes
NO PAYMENT, ENTRY FEE OR PURCHASE REQUIRED.
ENTRANTS MUST BE RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OLD.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Enter the #NYCRSVP Surprise Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
by the following:
- Fill out the form: Go to www.nycgo.com/rsvpnyc and fill out and properly submit the form (“Form") to invite a friend (“Friend”) to visit New York City (“Friend Invite”).
- Agree to enter the Sweepstakes (along with the terms and conditions) by checking the entry checkbox.
- We will send your Friend an invite to opt in to our email list and learn more about NYC!
- If both you and your Friend, opt in to emails and agree to enter the Sweepstakes by checking the box to enter, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes
Such participation will be considered an “Entry” or “Entries.”
You can submit a Friend Invite from April 21, 2021, through May 19, 2021. Limit one (1) entry per person. Winner will be chosen at random from the Entries and announced on or about Thursday, May 20, 2021, on www.nycgo.com/nycrsvp.
2. ELIGIBILTY: You must enter a valid email for a Friend Invite to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Both the Entrant and the Friend that the Entrant submits must: (i) check the boxes to agree to: a) opt in for emails; and b) sign up for the #NYCRSVP; (ii) be a resident of United States (and enter a Friend’s name that is a resident of the United States); and (ii) you and your Friend must each be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Employees of the City of New York, the State of New York, NYC & Company, the prize participants and their affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and anyone involved in the development or execution of this promotion, and the immediate families (parents, spouses, siblings, and children and their spouses) and members of the households of such employees are ineligible.
3. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: NYC & Company’s decisions are final and binding in all matters.
Surprise Welcome Back to NYC Gift
PRIZE DETAILS and CONDITIONS: The number of prizes (each individual a “Prize”) will be subject to the number of eligible Entries. It is estimated that approximately thirty (30) Prizes will be distributed. Prize will be shipped to the winner and/or Friend at NYC & Company’s discretion. The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each prize is $50, however this is an average as each individual prize amount will vary.
No Prize substitution or cash redemption is available, except at NYC & Company’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. NYC & Company reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Prize is not transferable or assignable. All federal, state and local income taxes on Prize and gratuities are solely the responsibility of the winner. In no way is NYC & Company responsible for any expenses or travel costs related to the Prize. You understand and acknowledge that any costs or expenses are your responsibility.
5. RELEASES/TAXES: As a condition of winning the Prize, the potential winner may be required (subject to NYC & Company’s sole discretion) to execute and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release (except where prohibited) (the “Affidavit/Release”). All Affidavit/Releases must be returned within the time indicated in the documents.
6. PRIVACY: Except where prohibited by law, participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use the winner’s name, photograph, likeness , statement, biographical information, social media postings, voice and address (city and state) on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media, in perpetuity and without further compensation in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes consent to the transfer of the personal information collected from the Entrant to NYC & Company for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes and for such other purposes as the Sweepstakes Entities may choose, including, but not limited to, marketing purposes. By entering the Sweepstakes, you also authorize the Sweepstakes Entities to provide your personal information to third party fulfillment companies or the prizing company so that such companies may process and deliver Prizes to winner(s).
7. SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. By participating, Entrants (and Entrants on behalf of their Friend) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of NYC & Company and Sweepstakes Entities, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. By entering a Friend’s email, you agree that you are responsible for and acting on behalf of your Friend. By entering, winners and Entrants (on behalf of themselves and their Friend), agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless NYC & Company and the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives, from and against any claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: a) your Friend including, but not limited to your Friend’s acts or omissions; b) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, c) any malfunction or other problem with the Sweepstakes website, d) any error in the collection or retention of entry information, or e) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any Prize. By submitting your Friend’s name and email you understand that you are taking responsibility for your Friend and approve of us sending your Friend an email invitation.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities are also not responsible for any malfunction of the Sweepstakes or error in the collection, processing or retention of entry information.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court of the State of New York. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and NYC & Company in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. In the event of a dispute over the terms of these rules or the Sweepstakes, the parties agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and/or federal courts in New York County, New York, and courts with appellate jurisdiction over such courts, and agree that venue therein is proper and convenient.